Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Working Like a Crazy Person



Welcome to the Weekly Blog of Christopher Hart

Best-Selling Author of How-To-Draw Books on Art Instruction


If you have a passion for drawing - whether it’s manga, cartoons, comics, or the human figure, then you’ve found the Blog that’s written just for you.  Every week, I’ll discuss tips on drawing; offer my analysis and predictions about the rapid changes in the publishing industry; offer advice on how to become a published artist; and, of course, give brief updates on my books. So make this a regular stop as you surf the Blog-O-Sphere. No reservations required.

Oh boy ... I've been working soooo hard on my new book.  Going on five weeks without a day off, not even a day on a weekend... Went in for a checkup (which was fine), and my doctor asked me if I do anything for fun. I made the mistake of telling that to my wife. Now she's all over me to take a break once in a while. Hey, I sleep occasionally, but she doesn't seem to think that's what the doc meant.
 
Part of it is that drawing can be hypnotic. You can get lost in what you're doing. And the better the book seems to be coming along, the higher you want to raise your standards, to try to best yourself. This can be a chimeric goal, as the harder I push myself, the further the horizon seems to recede.

Nonetheless, every book that I work on is very important to me. It's not only that I want the readers to gain some insights and techniques in the art style that's of interest to them; it's also that I want the book to be a visual "experience." I want it to inspire, to uplift the aspiring artist, to encourage people whose confidence may be ebbing as well as to help to lift the level of artists who are already making good progress.

Well, I should stop now, and maybe do a little reading....

Nah. I'm getting back to work.

Chris







Thanks for dropping by today! I hope you make this Blog a part of your regular surfing.

________________________________________________________________________

You can reach Chris by sending an email from the “contact” option on this website. Chris reads all of his emails, responds to everyone, and never uses a “form” email.  Due to his busy schedule, please be a little patient when awaiting his response.

________________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment